For all of those whose new year´s resolution includes a decision to be less active in 2019, taking part in the Boerne 0.5K run, which takes place every May in Boerne, Texas, might be worth considering.
The event starts at a brewery and ends at another brewery with coffe and doughnut station and a smoking area at the halfway marker. The race also features:
- A Euro oval-style sticker reading “0.5K” you can stick on your car to show everyone you are a better person
- Participating medals for everyone.
- Live music at two breweries along the route.
- A bagpipe player giving a wheezing rendition of “Amazing Grace.”
- A VIP pass which gives participants the chance not to run at all, but ride the route in a 1963 Volkswagen bus.
- A medical tent
The event is officially sanctioned by the SLACR, the Society for Lazy and Carefree Runners and all the profits go to
charity Blessings in a Backpack, a non-profit that provides food on the weekends for school kids who need it.
You have five whole months to prepare for the race so take off your Fitbit, throw it on the floor and step on it. Then have a beer or five.
The race takes place every year in Congham, England and starts with the words: “Ready, steady, slow!”